Monday, January 11, 2010

Stress

I am almost always stressed. I don't know why...maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am a procrastinator. But I am always stressed. Today, for instance, was an INCREDIBLY busy day for me. I had three classes of school (my least favorites classes AND my hardest classes), an MRI to do (on my right wrist), a dentist's appointment (I chipped a tooth on Saturday) and a piano lesson! Not to mention all of my homework for my class tomorrow, AND work to do on my debate and speeches! I am leaving for a debate tournament on Wednesday. As you can imagine, I was incredibly stressed. My tooth was filed down this morning and I missed my Spanish class. I went through my other classes and then left for my MRI. After 35 minutes of sitting COMPLETELY still, my arm was sore and throbbing and I had a headache. I went back home, got my piano books and went straight to my piano lesson. By this time, it was about 5. I was done by 5:45 and my parents surprised me with a trip to Olive Garden with my sister. I was exhausted, emotionally and physically. So, I wasn't so thrilled when I was told I would spend another hour with my extremely LOUD family!
But, as we started eating and laughing, I became more relaxed and was able to enjoy the time with them. I was reminded again what a blessing my sister is as we shared a couple of giggles over inside jokes. I am incredibly blessed with a sweet and loving sister who is tons of fun to be around! I love you dearly Emmy! :D

Also, tonight, I remembered my stress as I began to work on homework. I became overwhelmed with all the things I had to do before Wednesday and everything I needed to accomplish. As I sat for a second, looking at my vocabulary list, I remembered Psalm 46:10- "Be still and know that I am God." BE STILL. We all want to relax, but even when we do, we are always thinking about the next moment, the next to-do list, the next chore or assignment. We simply need to BE STILL occassionally and spend some time with our Creator. After all, that's what He created us to do, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloggy world, Katie! I am adding you to my blogroll. As you go into the next few busy days and the debate tournament, know that I am praying for you each day. Take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if you need to. =) Love you, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Your prayers mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I'm praying for you too! :) Remember that stress doesn't come from the Lord! He's the One who set us free!
    Lord, I pray for Katie as she goes to this debate tournament! I pray that she has peace of mind everytime she goes in to debate, and that she knows exactly what to say! Give her grace to get what she needs to get done, done! :)

    ReplyDelete