Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love

Lets talk about love. I think that there are three kinds of love.

First, is the love that you share with your friends and family. This kind of love is fun! Its something you can share with girls or guys! It really means that this someone is someone you can trust and having fun with them is always great. Oftentimes, this is a special relationship that includes loyalty, friendship, trust, and compassion. You can be yourself around these people and not feel judged. You would do anything for them, even lay down your life. This kind of love is special and is often taken for granted. I love this kind of love. Especially with my friends! I adore hanging out with them and laughing. My sister is so much fun to have inside jokes with and even though my parents are goofy, they can have their cool moments too.

Second, is the love you share with your "soulmate"; your "one true love". Your spouse. This kind of love is everlasting. You can never "fall out of love" with the person you share this love with because it will never fade. You may have hard times, but you will be willing to work through them. This kind of love includes, work, passion, rational thinking, and lots of prayer. You would do anything for this person, even endure painful torture for years. This kind of love can be frightening. I'm scared to death of it! Personally, I've faced rejection and heartbreak (even with friends!) enough to know that it may just not be worth it. I have been told many times that it is, but no one can give me a good enough reason why it is. Sure, God tells us to populate the earth, but Paul also says that single women are blessed! Is this kind of love worth the pain and heartache? I would say, "no".

Finally, theres a kind of love that can only be found in one place: God. Our Savior, Redeemer, Lover, Father, and Friend. He is all the kinds of Love wrapped into one Awesome Being. He will never leave, nor forsake, and everything He does is for our good. He laughs with us and cries with us. This kind of love cannot be described in words. It cannot be put down in a simple blog post. No, only those who have experienced it can know what it feels like. This is a impossible relationship that includes giving up your life, soul, mind, strength, and being and placing everything in His hands. Jesus endured physical, mental, spiritual torture for us and let Himself be killed so that we could have this relationship. I know that no matter what happens to me, I will always have God to help me. I will always have Someone on whom I can rely. I will never be alone. Even if I am put in solitary confinement, God will always protect me. Now THAT is the best and most perfect kind of love there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment