Monday, May 21, 2012

Everlasting

Guess what ya'll? I have, once again, neglected my blog. That happens to be because I have been INSANELY busy with school, debate, friends, etc at college. Btw, LOVING Liberty. I'm so excited about the opportunities I'm finding through my family and friends. :) Also, I have a boyfriend. yay me. :P Yes, I know it's hard to imagine but I have indeed found a man I find worthy to be my SO. More random things:
- I like dubstep.
- I still hate cooking but I don't mind BAKING now.
- Sushi is apparently good. This is news to me and my taste buds.
- I can't stay up past 2 am now. Sleep and I have become GOOD friends.
- Makeup is less essential when you and sleep are good friends.
- People are good but I can't eat a whole one by myself.

Anyway, the main point that I want to talk about in this post is about God. I'm starting to do a study of God and who He is. One aspect of that study is the names of God. Yesterday I studied the name "El Olam". It's only used a few times in the Bible but it translates to mean "The Eternal God". God doesn't change or end. He's always there and always the same. God isn't a pansy God. He isn't a minor God. He doesn't have limited powers. He is THE God. Everything that anyone has ever admired is God. If someone argued with Jesus, they would lose. Arm wrestling with God? Also a bad idea. God has a sense of humor...He created laughter, after all! He's wise. God always knows what should be done. Something random happens? Doesn't faze him! He listens to everyone's complaints and excuses and yet is never bitter, angry or annoyed. He doesn't give up. He knows our needs, emotions, desires, struggles, issues...All of it! He never leaves, never forgets, never ignores, never regrets. He is the embodiment of perfection; He IS perfection. He is all of that and will ALWAYS be all of that. It's amazing that He isn't finicky and doesn't change His mind. God is an eternal, unchanging, timeless, limitless, constant God. He isn't temporary, limited, bound, checked, fleeting or irregular. He is the Everlasting, Eternal God. :)

Katie

"But the Lord is the true God; he is the living God and the everlasting King. At his wrath the earth quakes, and the nations cannot endure his indignation." ~ Jeremiah 10:10 ESV

1 comment: